Come work with EV / The modelers. We are opening a postdoc position at the lab funded by the European project SIESTA.
We are looking for a motivated researcher wishing to work on data-driven modeling of epidemic spread.
We seek expertise either in physics of complex systems / complex networks or in statistical inference, expecially with deep-learning.
You will work on developing new-generation mathematical models of epidemic spread coupling them to large-scale datasets at high spatial and temporal resolution, including human behavior.
To apply, send Eugenio an email (eugenio DOT valdano AT inserm.fr) attaching
- your resume, detailing your academic and research background, publications, and any relevant experience;
- a motivation letter, outlining your research interests, relevant skills, and how your expertise aligns with our lab’s objectives;
- contact info for two referees: Include the names, affiliations, and contact details of two referees whom we may contact for feedback regarding your qualifications.
- application period: flexible, the position will be filled as soon as we find a suitable candidate;
- start of the contract: flexible, to be discussed with the candidate. Allow at least two months for the administrative process;
- duration of the contract: 1.5 years, extendable;
- employer: Inserm;
- gross monthly salary: ~3,000 euros for a recent PhD graduate, subject to changes to Inserm salary grids.